Partial List of Angelina Jolie's Tattoos
- The lower case letter "h" (for her brother James Haven) on the inside of her left wrist.
- "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages" (Tennessee Williams) on her left forearm.
- "XIII" (number 13 in Roman numerals) on her left forearm.
- Longitude and latitude coordinates representing the locations where she adopted Maddox (N11° 33' 00" E104° 51' 00"), Zahara (N09° 02' 00" E038° 45' 00"), Pax (N10° 46' 00" E106° 41' 40") and where her and Brad Pitt's children were born at - Shilo (S22° 40' 26" E014° 31' 40") & twins Vivienne & Knox (N43° 41' 21" E07° 14' 28") and now Brad Pitt's birthplace (N35° 19' 44" W96° 55' 26") on her left arm which cover up her "Billy Bob" tattoo.
- (Arabic for "strength of will") on her right forearm.
- "Quod me nutrit me destruit" (Latin for "What nourishes me also destroys me") several inches below her navel
- A tilted Latin cross on the lower left of her abdomen.
- "Know your rights" just under her neck between her shoulders.
- A prayer of Buddhist Sanskrit symbols for her son Maddox on her left shoulder which covers up the old Japanese "death" tattoo.
- A large Asian tiger on her back.
- A dragon under the tiger.
- Two pointy black tribal designs on the lower part of her back.
- The letter M on the palm of her hand for her deceased mother Marcheline Bertrand
- Small swirls around the Roman numerals on her left forearm
The tattoo on her left underarm is the Roman number 13. She had it done because she doesn't believe in superstitions. The Arabic script tattoo on Angelina Jolie's right arm means Determination. It covers up the abstract line tattoo she had done together with her ex Billy Bob Thornton.
There is some debate over the tattoo Angelina has on her left inner wrist, a lower case letter H. It is rumored that the H is for her former boyfriend, Timothy Hutton; Angelina, however, insists that it is there to remind her of James Haven, her brother.
The cross tattoo covers the little dragon with the blue tongue she had done in Amsterdam. Next to it is a phrase in Latin: Quod me nutrit me destruit, meaning: What nourishes me, destroys me. Angelina Jolie had the cross tattoo done the day before she married Johnny Lee Miller in 1995. In her own words: It was all symbolic, and it was a good thing, nothing dark.
See Angelina's tattoos from the movie WANTED!
List of Angelina Jolie's Tattoos
List of the Tattoos Angelina has had Removed or Covered
Want to find out what some of Angelina Jolie's tattoo designs & symbols mean?
Check out: Tribal Tattoos,
Compass - (Longitude & Latitude),